This is my first post taking part in the My Book Boyfriend meme hosted by The Unread Reader! It's a weekly meme where you write a post about a book character that makes you swoon, makes you weak at the knees and fall in love. For more information and how to contribute, check out the My Book Boyfriend introduction post.
I'm kicking my part in the meme off with someone I've loved for a while now; Caliban Leandros of Rob Thurman's kickass urban fantasy series. You'd think hot, blond, older brother, ninja Niko Leandros would be the pick, but nope. I love Cal and his foul mouth, his horrible attitude, his love for his brother and the incredibly hilarious things he thinks and says.
- Is half human, half auphe, the nightmarish demons of their universe. (He'd call himself half-human, half-monster, all attitude.)
- Never sleeps without his favorite gun.
- Described as incredibly pale, with storm grey eyes and long dark hair.
- Has an incredible relationship with his older brother Niko, who would rip the world apart to save Cal, and vice versa.
- Works as a bartender in a supernatural bar, where his auphe-half is feared by most and his attitude isn't a problem.
- Has a razor sharp wit that can cut anyone to pieces -- even as he's kicking ass and taking names.
“He tried to turn me into a buffet?” I gritted my teeth. “Before he killed me? He couldn’t kill me first and then eat me? That’s just fucking rude.” - Blackout
"I was alone, and I was lost. I didn’t know where I was; I didn’t know who I was. It doesn’t get more lost than that. Knowing what I knew and not knowing anything else at all, why would I want to be in the darkness where monsters hide? Because killers hide there, too..." - Blackout
My Cal is played by Ian Somerhalder. (The cranky, non-vampire version.)
Check out other MBB posts at The Unread Reader!