Saturday, December 10, 2011

Reader's Progress #1

Starting a weekly post of books I'm currently read, have recently read, and what I want to read soon.

I have a big ol' library pile and way too many e-books on my e-reader to count, but with a couple books due in just two days, these are the books I'll be focusing on this weekend.

Currently Reading:

Delirium, by Lauren Oliver
I love me some YA dystopia, even the romance and love triangles that inevitably make their way into every YA genre ever. Delirium is doing this right so far, and I really like our protagonist, Lena. I'm about half way through, and this book is already on a three-star course for me, might even hit four if it keeps going the way it is.
 
Let the Right One In, by












Next Up:
(AKA due really soon at my library)

The Monstrumologist, by Rick Yancey
YA horror that sounds right up my alley.

A Kiss Before the Apocalypse, by Thomas E. Sniegoski
I got the most hilarious look from my boyfriend when he saw the title of this, and had to reassure him that it wasn't a ridiculous high-fantasy romance with a dude who just had more clothes on than normal. At least, that's what I've heard.

Between the Sea and Sky, by Jaclyn Dolamore
My first dive into the new mermaid/siren trend! Gorgeous cover, too.

Wither, by Lauren DeStefano
Highly talked about YA dystopia that I've been meaning to read for some time now.

Saving Francesca, by Melina Marchetta
I really enjoyed Marchetta's On the Jellicoe Road, and I'm looking forward to this one.

Hexed and Hammered, by Kevin Hearne
Atticus O'Sullivan, two thousand year old Irish druid and the new love of my urban fantasy life.

Recently Finished:

Unearthly, which I already posted a review of earlier this week. 
The Perks of Being a Wallflower: 2/5, sort of uneven and bothered me more than I enjoyed it, totally overrated.
Across the Universe: 3/5, dystopian YA in space that has an interesting premise and great execution.
Hounded: 4/5, urban fantasy with a great male lead, my new favorite series).

I'll be posting reviews of pretty much all these books as I finish them, but until then, feel free to follow me on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment