Saturday, December 17, 2011

Reader's Progress #2

Reader's progress is a weekly post of what I've read, what I'm reading, and what's up next to read.

Currently Reading:

The Iron King, by Julie Kagawa
I'm really enjoying all the various forms the fae take in different novels lately. I'm only 50 pages in, but this has the right balance of mystery, adventure and creeping fear as we move along. Plus, there's a Puck. Love it so far.

Gone, by Michael Grant
I've been meaning to start this YA all-the-adults-are-gone series for a while, and I finally skimmed the first few pages only to get totally sucked in. It's not a top priority, however, so I don't know how long it will be to get through it. I do like it so far, however.

And I'm still a bit way through Witch Eyes and Green (mentioned in my last reader's progress), though they haven't been as high a priority as other books.

Next Up:

I love my library so much. They have the best YA selection for a small town, and I always end up with five or more books than I intended to get whenever I visit.

Pretties, by Scott Westerfeld
I really loved the first book in this series, Uglies, and have been meaning to read Pretties for a while. I'm excited to crack into it.

24 Girls in 7 Days, by Alex Bradley
This looks really light and fluffy, and the title caught my eye at the library. I thought it seemed kinda silly at first, but I need a light, silly book every now and then.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth, by Carrie Ryan
One of the many YA novels I've heard about that I felt the need to read as soon as I could. YA dystopia with zombies? Yes please.

Shine, by Lauren Myracle
I only heard about this recently, but it sounds interesting (and heartbreaking) enough for me to pick up when I spied it by chance on the shelf.

Sweetly, by Jackson Pearce
I wasn't too enamoured by Sisters Red, the first of this fairytales re-imagined series, but I'm still interested enough to check this one out.

Recently Finished:
Reviews are all linked where posted!

Delirium, by Lauren Oliver
Saving Francesca, by Melina Marchett
Between the Sea and Sky, by Jaclyn Dolamore
Let the Right One In, by John Adjvide Lindqvist
The Thief, by Megan Whalen Turner
Wither, by Lauren DeStefano
Hexed and Hammered, by Kevin Hearne
The Maze Runner, by James Dashner - review to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment