Friday, December 30, 2011

Reader's Progress (3)

 Reader's progress is a weekly post of what I've read, what I'm reading, and what's up next to read.

Currently Reading:

Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White
This is turning out to be pretty good fun, and I love Evie. Her sass reminds me so much of Buffy Summers, and I really like the variation in paranormal creatures. Can't wait to finish this and get to the next in the series.

New Girl, by Paige Harbison
Received via Net Galley for review, I'm really enjoying this. It's a bit of a change from what I usually read (nothing supernatural, no apocalypses or dystopian governments involved), and I find I'm genuinely loving the main character.

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn, by Alison Goodman
I haven't read any pure fantasy in a while (I'm still slogging happily through Green despite starting it weeks ago), but Eon is a really great entry into the genre, specifically for the YA set.

A Class Apart, by Stephen Henning
I received this one to review for Girls Read Comics Too. It's a middle grade superhero novel, the sort that's a simple, fun read. I'm only a few pages away, so a crossposted review should be up soon.

Wicked Lovely, by Melissa Marr
Faeries! YES! I'm really enjoying this a whole lot, and maybe a little more than I did The Iron King. (It's hard not to compare fae novels when I read them so close together.)

11/22/63, by Stephen King
I finally cracked into this about a week ago, and I'm loooving it. Stephen King's one of my favorite authors, though, so that's no big surprise.

Hushed, by Kelley York
Deliciously moody and morally twisted, straight up 'killing people for the one I love but I'm still relateable' with a LGBT twist. Love it. I'm going slowly just because I don't want it to end.

Next Up:
(aka I need to stop going to the library when I'm still reading other books)

  
  
  

Recently Reviewed:

Legend, by Marie Lu
A Certain Slant of Light, by Laura Whitcomb
The Forest of Hands and Teeth, by Carrie Ryan
How to Host a Killer Party, by Penny Warner
Shine, by Lauren Myracle
The Iron King, by Julie Kagawa
The Vast Fields of Ordinary, by Nick Burd
Pretties, by Scott Westerfeld
24 Girls in 7 Days, by Alex Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment