Thursday, January 12, 2012

Follow Friday (2)


For more info on Follow Friday, check out Parajunkee or Alison Can Read. If you're here via the blog hop, please let me know in a comment and I'll follow back.

Question of the Week: Many readers/bloggers are also big music fans. Tell us about a few of your favorite bands/singers that we should listen to in 2012.

Music is a huuuuge part of my life. I'm always listening to something when I'm on a computer, usually my entire library put on shuffle. I could come up with two dozen of my favorite bands/songs to flood this post with, but you could just take a gander at my Last.fm to check out what my music tastes skew toward.

As for my two top favorites:

Muse

Everyone's heard of Muse by now, but they're my favorite band ever. EVER. I've seen them live three times, each time more awesome than the last (even when I was in nosebleed seats in a 30k arena), and they always get better. They're a hard rock group that dabbles in electro and classical symphonies, which is the easiest way for me to describe them. Mesh those three genres together and you've got Muse.



Beirut

On the opposite end of the musical spectrum is Beirut. They're a folk band led by the startlingly talented 25 year old Zachary Condon, who is one of my personal heroes. His voice digs deep and rips my heart out sometimes, no matter how much I listen to a song or album. Cherbourg (below) is easily my favorite song of all time.

6 comments:

  1. Hopping through. Love Muse. I don't like their new album as much but I adored Absolution and Supermassive Black Hole.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolution's my favorite! Mostly because it was the first one I ever heard. And I'm not the biggest fan of their latest either, but they've got some great tracks on there. Mainly the three track symphony at the end of it.

      Delete
  2. Oooo I love Muse too! I have them on my Pandora radio station, they have such a unique and distinct sound I think. You can never mistake one of their songs for someone else. Have a great weekend Chantaal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're my faaaaavorite! I love them so. You have a great weekend as well, Jenny. :)

      Delete
  3. Nice choices. I hadn't heard these songs before, but they're beautiful :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/01/q-many-readersbloggers-are-also-big.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love showing people new music. :)

      Delete