Friday, January 27, 2012

Follow Friday (3)


For more info on Follow Friday, check out Parajunkee or Alison Can Read. If you're here via the blog hop, please let me know in a comment and I'll follow back.

Q: Which book genre do you avoid at all costs and why?

I don't necessarily avoid genres themselves, there are just those I've discovered I don't enjoy as much as others. Well, one. I can't do anything non-fiction. Believe me, I've tried - from Supergods to On Writing to Bossypants, if it isn't fiction, it doesn't hold my attention.

As for fiction...probably Westerns. I like the occasional Western-themed post-apocalyptic/dystopian novel (see: Blood Red Road) but if it's a straight out Western it's not my thing either.

4 comments:

  1. I've never event hought about Westerns.. Huh! Maybe I should? Just to see if I won't like it?

    Anyway, I agree on the Non-Fiction part: I'm not a big non-fiction reader, although I do read one or two the month, either because they seem very interesting (Beyond Heaving Bosoms) or because someone recommended them to me (Anything involving Psychology) etc. : >

    Happy Friday/Saturday (depending on your time zone)

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always seen them at my library and thumbed through a couple, but none of them ever really caught my eye.

      Oooh, I've been meaning to pick up Beyond Heaving Bosoms for a while, I always forget and I'm cautious about it because I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it.

      Happy Friday!

      Delete
  2. New follower. Never read a Western, but I've never really had the urge to. Non-fiction... I avoid like the plague. Maybe one day someone I actually care about will write a biography and I'll pick it up, but until then I'm sticking with my fiction.

    Daniel @ Bound By Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's how I feel about non-fiction as well. I really tried with some of the topics I actually find interesting, but nothing ever keeps my attention long.

      Delete