Saturday, January 14, 2012

Reader's Progress (4)


Reader's progress is a bi-weekly post of what I've read, what I'm reading, and what's up next to read.

Currently Reading

Reading:

White Cat, by Holly Black
I finally picked this up after seeing the gorgeous cover remakes for this series, and while I find it interesting, I'm still not entirely sure what is going on. Maybe it's the fact that I've read it entirely while dealing with this cold and constantly drugged up, who knows.

Blood Rights, by Kristen Painter
I picked this up just for the gorgeous cover art, and I'm liking it so far. A lush, interesting vampire novel.

Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White
This has turned into my read while exercising book for now, which means I get through a few pages every other day. It's a fun, light read to distract myself with while huffing away on the elliptical.

Some Girls Bite, by Chloe Neill
Reading this for the Some Girls Bite read-along, which is proving to be lots of fun so far.

Shattered Souls, by Mary Lindsey
Got a few pages in and my attention was immediately taken away by other books. I'll come back to  you, Shattered Souls! I promise!

Stiiiiill Reading:

Green, by Jay Lake
Gone, by Michael Grant

Not because I don't like them or I'm not interested, but I just keep getting distracted by other shiny books.

Gave Up:

Firelight, by Sophie Jordan - I got about 50 pages in, realized all I'd read so far was angst, angst, entitled teenager whining, insta-love, angst, and decided I wasn't going to put myself through it.
Eon: Dragoneye Reborn, by Alison Goodman - I can appreciate that this is actually a really good novel, but I found it was one of those things where it just didn't click with me.

Next Up:
(aka I want to read more than I have the ability to, why can't we have like, three heads and brains?)



Recently Read:
(Linked where reviewed)

Angelfall, by Susan Ee
Cinder, by Melissa Meyer
Demonglass, by Rachel Hawkins
Blood Red Road, by Moira Young
New Girl, by Paige Harbison
Hushed, by Kelley York
11/22/63, by Stephen King
A Class Apart, by Stephen Henning
Please Ignore Vera Dietz, by A.S. King

1 comment:

  1. Oooo glad you're enjoying Blood Rights so far, I just love how dark the world is, but yet it doesn't feel too heavy at the same time. Sorry Firelight wasn't for you, I really enjoyed that one, but you're right that it has lots of angst:)

    ReplyDelete