This week's read-along is being hosted by The Unread Reader, so head there for links and info. Questions and my reactions are under the more tag to keep from spoiling those who haven't read yet.
First: Thanks for this read along, girls! I've had great fun doing this, and I love reading the occasional book in a fun, book club atmosphere. I really enjoyed Some Girls Bite, and will probably have a full review for it up soon.
On to the questions!
Chapters 13-15 + Epilogue
1. Chapter 13 opens with Merit describing her new job routine as House Sentinel. Considering that every job Cadogan House is important in helping to make the house run efficiently, which job do you think you'd like to have (guard, cook, social director, gardener, etc.) and why?
I'd love something simple that didn't involve guarding the house, because I would suck majorly at it. I don't know, sous chef? Game night director?
2. In the supernatural world of Chicagoland Vampires, politics seem to play an important role in the way the Houses are run. Now that you've been introduced to the Rogues, do you think it's better for vampires to be a part of a House or to live outside of one.
I actually really like how the Houses are set up, despite the politics involved. It's a great way of keeping vampires together and controlled, and in all my vampire-related reading I've realized I like it when vampires try to work with humans instead of eating them all up. Though I think Rogues shouldn't be treated as social pariahs, either.
3. After Morgan openly asks to court Merit, she feels betrayed when Ethan commands her to accept for the show of alliance it could bring to Cadogan House. Do you think her reaction was warranted?
Ohhhh yeah. Poor Merit. Putting her confusing feelings for Ethan aside, to have him just be all, "yep, go possibly bone that dude, it's for the House" SUCKS.
4. When Ethan meets with the perpetrator of the murders, were you surprised to discover who it was? If you suspected someone, were your suspicions correct? What did you think of the perpetrator's motive?
I was reeeeeally surprised to see Amber was involved, mainly because she'd been relegated to random Mean Girl behavior. I wasn't so surprised to see Celine there, and not because I figured it out. She just seemed like the sort of character who would be behind it all.
5. What was your favorite/least favorite parts of Some Girls Bite?
I really loved all the world-building. Some Girls Bite has an incredible vampire world. The politics, what it means to be a vampire, all of it is great. I'm not sure I had least favorite parts. The explanations could get bogged down a little, but I chalked that down to world building and this being the first in a series, so I could give it some leeway.
6. What do you think is coming up next for Merit, Sentinel of Cadogan House? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?
I'm not sure what's next for Merit, but I'm definitely picking up the next book and the rest of the series as long as it stays up to par. It's fantastic.