Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Book Boyfriend (2) - Lord Conall Maccon



Hosted by The Unread Reader, My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme where you write a post about a book character that makes you swoon, makes you weak at the knees and fall in love. For more information and how to contribute, check out the My Book Boyfriend introduction post.

My Book Boyfriend this week:


Lord Conall Maccon of Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series. (If this were My Book Girlfriend, it would be Alexia Tarabotti, hands down.)

Conall is a werewolf, the alpha of his pack and an incredibly sexy, grumpy man to boot. I love everything about him in the series, even when he's been an ass and Alexia rightfully smacks him down. Especially the smack downs.

Lord Conall Maccon, Earl of Woolsey, was yelling. Loudly. This was to be expected from Lord Maccon, who was generally a loud sort of gentleman – the ear-bleeding combination of lung capacity and a large barrel chest. -Changeless

Conall has dark brown hair, tawny eyes, and hails from Scotland, though his home with his pack is in London. I really have nothing much else to add because he reduces me to nothing but gibberish as I'm reading.

Alexia suspected Lord Maccon's handling was a tad more than was strictly called for under the circumstances, but she secretly enjoyed the sensation. After all, how often did a spinster of her shelf life get manhandled by an earl of Lord Maccon's peerage? She had better take advantage of the situation. - Soulless

Yes, Alexia. Yes.

Though Gail Carriger herself has used Sean Bean or Gerard Butler for her idea of Conall, he's always been a grumpy looking Richard Armitage circa North and South in my head.

5 comments:

  1. Conall!!! I love him. He is such a brute. I loved how Alexia could met him head on with their banter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The fact that she could take him right on without batting an eyelash is my favorite thing about their romance. Love them.

      Delete
  2. I love him too and the series! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first chapter of the series of Parasol Protectorate. That's great! Richard Armitage: great choice!!

    ReplyDelete