Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Book Boyfriend (3) - Atticus O'Sullivan


Hosted by The Unread Reader, My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme where you write a post about a book character that makes you swoon, makes you weak at the knees and fall in love. For more information and how to contribute, check out the My Book Boyfriend introduction post.


 “I didn't respond, because naked people never win arguments.” - Clan Rathskeller

I can't believe I haven't done him yet, but considering this is only my third MBB post and I'm going through all my favorite male leads, it was inevitable we come to this: Atticus O'Sullivan of Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles, which I love to death.

Atticus is a 2100ish Irish druid who looks around 21 and has a mouth that quips more than Buffy Summers ever did. He's a delight to read, from his entanglements with Irish goddesses to his fights with witches, demons and gods, oh my!


- He was born Siodhachan O Suileabhain
- He has an awesome pet dog named Oberon, who is pretty much my favorite UF sidekick ever
- Owns Fragarach, a powerful and magical sword from Irish mythology
- Has curly red hair, fair skin and a goatee
- Is a druid who uses Earth magic
- Spent 750 years making a magical amulet necklace
- Made a deal with the Morrigan for his immortality, but makes an herb tea to keep his youthful looks

“Brighid’s eyes flashed with a blue flame, and I wondered if she had learned to do that just so she could compete with the Morrigan’s red flashes. Maybe I should try to figure out how to make my eyes flash green so I could freak out the baristas at Starbucks. “No, you foolish mortal,” I’d say as my eyes glowed, “I ordered a nonfat latte.”- Hexed

My Atticus is played by none other than Richard Madden, Irish actor with a perfect head of curly hair. I want the Iron Druid Chronicles to be a TV show just so he can play Atticus. Sigh, in my dreams. I do have to give a shout out to the model on the cover of Hounded, however:



Yeah.

“<This guy is an epic douche. Kick his shiny ass, Atticus,> Oberon said. 
I compartmentalized his comment and resolved to enjoy it later. I glared at this would be usurper and said in my most authoritative voice, "Aenghus Og, you have broken Druidic law by killing the land around us and opening a gate to hell, unleashing demons on this plane. I judge you guilty and sentence you to death." 
<Amen, Atticus! Testify!>”

-
Hounded

19 comments:

  1. Oh, man. I still have yet to read this series, but those photos look absolutely perfect! I have to bump this up my TBR list. :D

    ***

    Australian YA author Rebecca shares her favorite romantic book scene at The Midnight Garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really fun series, I hope you get to it soon and enjoy! :)

      Delete
  2. Loved Hounded! Atticus is absolutely hilarious especially when he talks to Oberon. Love the cover model too!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairytale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-book-boyfriend-24-luc-martineau.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atticus and Oberon have one of my favorite friendships in anything I've ever read!

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. I did love Hounded and Atticus was dreamy. His humor was so on point and I loved the power he harnessed. Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, dreamy is SO the right word to describe him!

      Delete
  4. Good choice. He's the hottest two thousand year old druid of all time, and I loved his trusty sidekick. I would LOVE to see this on TV it would be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He really is the hottest druid I've encountered in UF lately. :)

      Delete
  5. OMG Chantaal! This post makes me so happy because I LOVE ATTICUS!! Seriously. And you did a better casting job for him that I did!!! *be's a little jealous at your skills*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you!! It was a joint effort between me and a friend, we kind of lightbulbed on Richard Madden at the exact same time for Atticus. :D

      Delete
  6. Charming I should say!! :) :) Like it, like it!! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to read this series - I've heard it is so wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rangas FTW! ;) He has a great name too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! One of the best gingers I've seen in a while. :D

      Delete
  9. 2100ish Irish druid...interesting! I haven't heard of this series but sounds really unique. The guy you picked does match the cover pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Richard Madden is Scottish, but he is spectacularly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can boys play here? I'm so swooning over the cover model for Hounded as well ... the curly unkempt locks, the angled nose and chin, and lord those ears! I just want to smooch on him ... and big woof to Richard Madden as well ... that will be worth the Google time.

    Anyway I'm reading Hounded and keep flipping back to the cover at every chapter's end. So yeah ... swoon!

    ... Boys can swoon too, right???

    ReplyDelete