Saturday, February 18, 2012

Shelf Candy (2)


Shelf Candy is a weekly meme created by Steph at Five Alarm Book Reviews. Each week I'll feature a book cover I find gorgeous, evocative or interesting in one way or another. For more info on the meme, check out the introduction post here.

 
Dust City
By Robert Paul Weston
Goodreads

Why I chose this cover: Not everything has to be pretty and colorful to be amazing, and I love the mood of Dust City's cover. Everything about it is great, from the perfect text size and placement to the clouds interwoven throughout the letters, creating a gloomy, wary atmosphere. I love the slight touch of color in the wolf's eyes and the author's name, and the way the wolf's pelt seems like the glitter of stars over the city skyline at first glance. It's so moody and drew me in the first time I laid eyes on it.

Synopsis: Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

His son, that's who.

Ever since his father's arrest for the murder of Little Red Riding Hood, teen wolf Henry Whelp has kept a low profile in a Home for Wayward Wolves . . . until a murder at the Home leads Henry to believe his father may have been framed.

Now, with the help of his kleptomaniac roommate, Jack, and a daring she-wolf named Fiona, Henry will have to venture deep into the heart of Dust City: a rundown, gritty metropolis where fairydust is craved by everyone-and controlled by a dangerous mob of Water Nixies and their crime boss leader, Skinner.

Can Henry solve the mystery of his family's sinister past? Or, like his father before him, is he destined for life as a big bad wolf?

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Did they do a great job on this cover or what? The dust forming the wolf is cool. Those eyes! I don't think they could be any more intense. I love it. Than you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cover!! It's so sinister! The book sounds fun too. I love a twist on a traditional fairy tale.

    Steph @ Steph's Stacks

    ReplyDelete