Saturday, February 25, 2012

Shelf Candy (3)



Shelf Candy is a weekly meme created by Steph at Five Alarm Book Reviews. Each week I'll feature a book cover I find gorgeous, evocative or interesting in one way or another. For more info on the meme, check out the introduction post here.


What's Left of Me
By Kat Zhang

Why I chose this cover: This book won't be released until September, but the cover is just so striking that I had to single it out among the recently released covers I've seen in the past week or two. Usually this sort of effect freaks me out (because it's almost never done right), but it absolutely works for this cover. The book has to do with two souls sharing a body, and in that regard, this is a perfect cover. The blending work is amazing, and I love how the silhouette of one face seems to trap the second. So, so well done.

Synopsis: Eva and Addie live in a world where everyone is born with two souls, but where only the dominant one is allowed to survive childhood. Fifteen years old, and closer even than twins, the girls are keeping Eva, the ‘second soul’, a secret. They know that it’s forbidden to be hybrid, but how could they ever be apart?

When a dramatic event reveals what really happens to hybrids if they are discovered, Eva and Addie face a dangerous fight for survival, neither wanting to be the one left behind…

4 comments:

  1. Hell ya. This is an amazing cover. There is no way that I would pass this over in the store. I love the silhouette that is an overlay to the main photo. Great choice. I can't wait to read What's Left of Me. The synopsis sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'd pick this up in a heartbeat if I saw the cover at the store. September seems so long away.

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is amazing! I love it. The synopsis is just as good as the cover. I cannot wait to read this! Thank you so much for sharing a book that defnitely cannot be missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to share! I can't wait until it's out.

      Delete