Friday, March 2, 2012

Hounded Read-Along


The Hounded read-along is hosted this week by Geeky Blogger's Book Blog. Head over there for more info, discussion and links to others taking part in the read-along!

I've put the questions and my answers behind a jump for those who haven't read yet.


1) Kevin Hearne had the most perfect beginning for this book:  "There are many perks to living for twenty-one centuries, and formost among them is bearing witness to the rare birth of genius."  If you were to live for centuries what do you think you would be excited to see?  

Everything! I'd love to stick around to see how computers and the internet develops, as that's my passion. Though I think in a century everyone would be living in virtual realities or something, and that would probably suck. 

2) In the 2nd chapter we learn about the amulet and its protection powers!  Do you think having met the Morrigan and heard about Aenghus Og that it will be enough to protect Atticus?  I mean the Morrigan has a point about hot chicks coming after him and his defenses might be down! He is very male!

Haha, Atticus seems to be too aware of everything and the constant danger he's in to really let anything get to him. I think he'll totally kick ass where and when he needs to.

3) The literary world's coolest dog is introduced in this chapter!  Did you love Oberon immediately?  Show me a picture or describe the type of animal you would love to have as a talking companion! (Cat, Dog, Mouse, Sloth, Horse---what is your pick--pictures please)?

YES, I fell in love with Oberon right away. It's hard not to, when he's funnier than Atticus. If I had an animal talk to me, it'd probably be a cat. Or maybe a dog like Dug from Up, he'd be adorable to talk to from time to time.

4) In this chapter Flidais asked Atticus what his name is and then precedes to ask if anyone actually believes he is Greek?  He says nobody pays attention to names here.  Do you know what your name means and where it comes from?  Or do you have a name you wish had?  Let's talk names!

My name is French, and it's supposed to be spelled Chantal but my mother wanted the extra A in there to emphasize the way the second syllable sounds. Her side of the family is mostly southern, and I guess it helped a little when I grew up with only 20% rather than 80% of people thinking my name is Shantel or something. :P It means stone, or boulder, and I wouldn't change it.

5) We learn about Atticus' lawyers in this chapter, a rather unique combo!  Without jumping ahead, would you hire a lawyer combination of two supernaturals who on the surface would appear to be natural enemies or at the very least two very Alpha attitudes? What would be the positives and negatives of that decision.

Yessss, I totally would. I'd be happy no matter what they are or how they act as long as they get my work done and pull me out of any scrapes I might get into.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I'd be curious as to how computers and virtual reality come to pass. That would be something to see.

    Oh and I loved Doug on Up! Squirrel!

    Such a pretty name. I also like the different spelling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's one thing I can't wait for in the next 40 years, to see how computers and the internet evolves! It's already come so far since I was 15 and sneaking around in internet places I shouldn't be. XD

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Yay! You joined us after all. I'm glad you made it. I feel in love with Oberon right away too. And I agree with Atticus. He's a ninja and always at the ready.

    Thanks for your answers this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I made it too! I was so sad at the thought of missing out, I love the book way too much.

      Delete
  3. I agree. Atticus seems all to aware of his situation to just rely on his charms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's been around the block a few times in the last 2100 years!

      Delete
  4. Yes, I would be interested to see if we all get sucked into a computer reality as well, great answer, Chantal means stone interesting I didn't know that, now I am enlightened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I used to think it meant song (because "chanson" means song) but apparently it means stone!

      Delete