Sunday, March 25, 2012

In My Mailbox (6)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, featuring the books I've received in some way, shape or form this week. For more info, check out the introduction post.

I've discovered two different Goodwill bookstores in my area, so I had a ball going in and discovering all their paperbacks were $2 each. Boooooks! Add getting my very first paycheck in a long time, and I've had a great week.


Yeah yeah, books etc etc but LOOK AT MY BRAND NEW NOOK! I bought the Nook Simple Touch because I don't need much out of my e-readers, and my old generic one finally bit the dust last week. I'm so excited about the Nook, and the e-ink display has been so much better on my eyes than a back-lit display. I named it Shepard, after the character in Mass Effect (and my micro SD card is my favorite romance option in the game, Kaidan).

Books I bought from Goodwill:
Moon Called, by Patricia Briggs
Midnighters, by Scott Westerfeld
Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides
Girl with a Pearl Earring, by Tracy Chevalier
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

And books from the library, which I keep forgetting to picture as well:
When She Woke, by Hillary Jordan
Breadcrumbs, by Anne Ursu

Yay books! If you're here via the meme and follow me, let me know and I'll reciprocate!

2 comments:

  1. Great Mailbox this week. I'm lovin the Nook. I have one too and I love it. Altho mine is sassy and likes to freeze on me if it's in a bad mood. I haven't named it yet, maybe that's why it gets angry with me.
    New Follower,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should give it a sassy robot name. :D

      And I love your blog name!

      Delete