Saturday, March 24, 2012

Shelf Candy (4)



Shelf Candy is a weekly meme created by Steph at Five Alarm Book Reviews. Each week I'll feature a book cover I find gorgeous, evocative or interesting in one way or another. For more info on the meme, check out the introduction post here.


Touched
By Cyn Balog

Why I chose this cover: Touched won't be released until August, but the moment I saw the cover for it in a thumbnail I immediately went into have to have this book mode. The font doesn't work for me, but the beauty in the dark swirls around the character on the cover is what appeals most to me. I love the detail of the ferris wheel in the background almost framing the character, which adds a new layer to it. Then there is the color palette, the gorgeous dark blues and greens, giving the entire thing a moody, creepy feeling. It needs to be August already!

Synopsis: Nick Cross always listens to the voice in his head. Because if he doesn't? Things can go really, really wrong. Like the day he decided to go off script and saved a girl from being run over . . . and let another one drown. Trying to change the future doesn't work.

But this summer at the Jersey Shore, something's about to happen that Nick never could have predicted. He meets a girl named Taryn and finds out about the Book of Touch. Now the path that he thought he was on begins to shift . . . and there's no way to stop things from happening. Or is there?

In a life where there are no surprises, nothing has prepared Nick for what he's about to discover--or the choice he will be forced to make.

2 comments:

  1. I do love this cover. I recently found this book on a waiting for Wednesday and added to my TBR. Great Choice. my scs http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/03/shelf-candy-saturday-6-blessed-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first peek at this cover. It is terrific. This artist clearly got a feel for the the book and depicted the Jersey boardwalk and backdrop in an interesting way.
    I am intrigued by the synopsis, so I will be giving this one a try. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete