Thursday, April 5, 2012

Reader's Progress (7)

Oh goodness, the last time I did one of these was back in February. Life has been picking up for me lately, as I've got a new job, and my 27th birthday was just on the 3rd. On top of all that, I got my very first prescription for eye glasses, so I've officially joined the stereotypical book reader slash librarian (even though I'm not, I like to pretend I am) ranks. This is going to be a big Reader's Progress, just how I like 'em.


Reader's progress is a bi-weekly post of what I've read, what I'm reading, and what's up next to read. (It's supposed to be, anyway.)

Currently Reading: 

The Goose Girl, by Shannon Hale
A wonderful bit of fantasy YA that I'm having a bit of trouble getting into when so many other books keep clamoring for my attention. I need to get back to this and give it the proper reading time it deserves.

Breadcrumbs, by Anne Ursu
Middle grade reading set in that nebulous period of time where you still want to be a kid and believe in fairy tales, but you have to grow up soon. Very wonderful, I'll be finishing it soon.

Black Powder War, by Naomi Novik
After a few years apart from this alternate history with dragons series (I don't even remember why I stopped), I'm getting back into it. Happily so.

A Dance With Dragons, by George R.R. Martin
Finally getting to this beast, though it's not top priority and I anticipate reading it in bits and pieces for over a month.

Kill Me Softly, by Sarah Cross
Yay NetGalley arcs! Interesting modern twist on Grimm's fairy tales. I'm sort of torn on what I think on it so far.


Next Up:

My bookshelves sort of exploded in the last month. Honestly I must have gotten about 50 new books in the past five to six weeks, half of which were winnings from some giveaway or another, and the other half are my wallet crying after I discovered Goodwill bookstores have $2 paperbacks. But I'll go ahead with ARCs I need to get to and library books I have right now:

The Immortal Rules, by Julie Kagawa
Eeee vampire post-apocalyptic dystopia from Julie Kagawa! I was thrilled to get this ARC, and I'm reading it right away.

The Peculiars, by Maureen Doyle McQuerry
This looks so ridiculously fascinating and steampunky and intriguing, I can't wait to start.

The Kiss Off, by Sarah Billington
Veeery excited to get to this one, I haven't read some straight up contemporary in...oh, I don't know, a few weeks.

Innocent Darkness, by Suzanne Lazear
Um, steampunk plus fairy folk? YES PLEASE.

666 Park Avenue, by Gabriella Pierce
This spoke to me from the library shelves. "I look interesting," it whispered, and when I picked it up and read the back, it crowed, "See? Witches in your popcorn literature! Take meeeee!"

A Little Wanting Song, by Cath Crowley
I've seen Cath Crowley's name held up on a pedestal on Goodreads so much that I had to finally dive in, and this was the only one my library had.


Recently Read:

The City's Son, by Tom Pollock (Review to come)
Timeless, by Gail Carriger (Review to come)
Bunheads, by Sophie Flack (Review to come)
When She Woke, by Hillary Jordan (Review to come)
Grave Mercy, by R.L. LaFevers
The Catastrophic History of You and Me, by Jess E. Rothenberg
Pandemonium, by Lauren Oliver
I've Got Your Number, by Sophie Kinsella
Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline
Partials, by Dan Wells
Article 5, by Kristen Simmons
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, by Jennifer E. Smith
The Disenchantments, by Nina LaCour
The Miseducation of Cameron Post, by Emily M. Danforth
Catching Jordan, by Miranda Kenneally
Born Wicked, by Jessica Spotswood
Silent in the Grave, by Deanna Raybourn
Shut Out, by Kody Keplinger
The Mockingbirds, by Daisy Whitney
Austenland, by Shannon Hale
The True Meaning of Smekday, by Adam Rex
Tomorrow, When the War Began, by John Marsden
Friends with Boys, by Faith Erin Hicks
Blood Rights, by Kristen Painter
Darkness Falls, by Cate Tiernan
Fracture, by Megan Miranda

2 comments:

  1. I hope you like BREADCRUMBS! :) I'm going to be reading INNOCENT DARKNESS soon too, hopefully it's as fun as it seems. Happy weekend to you.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah Wendy, Breadcrumbs was so wonderful! Just finished it and I want to read it all over again.

      Delete