Saturday, April 7, 2012

Shelf Candy (5)


Shelf Candy is a weekly meme created by Steph at Five Alarm Book Reviews. Each week I'll feature a book cover I find gorgeous, evocative or interesting in one way or another. For more info on the meme, check out the introduction post here.


Freefall
By Mindi Scott

Why I chose this cover: Even if the title of the book didn't give you an idea of what it's about, this cover certainly will. I love negative space in anything, and it's used so well here. The black background makes the shattered glass stand out even more, and it's very compelling. I certainly wanted to know just what this book was all about when I first saw it.

Synopsis: Seth McCoy was the last person to see his best friend, Isaac, alive, and the first to find him dead. It was just another night, just another party, just another time when Isaac drank too much and passed out on the lawn. Only this time, Isaac didn't wake up.


Convinced that his own actions led to his friend's death, Seth is torn between turning his life around...or losing himself completely.

Then he meets Rosetta: so beautiful and so different from everything and everyone he's ever known. But Rosetta has secrets of her own, and Seth soon realizes he isn't the only one who needs saving.

8 comments:

  1. Your are right...use of negative space is nice and the concept fits with the synopsis. There is a simplicity about it that I like and sometimes the simple things are the most powerful. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly it. :)

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Chantaal, this is such an intriguing cover. It is simple but has quite an impact. This is my first time seeing it. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought when I first saw it! :)

      Delete
  3. Simple but intriguing thanks for sharing. my SCS http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/04/shelf-candy-saturday-8-dead-is-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Jenn! I'll head on over and return the favor. :)

      Delete
  4. THis is an amazing cover! I love the black and white and wonder what this is going to symbolize in the story. It looks amazing!
    Thanks for sharing. I'm putting it on my list now! The book sounds so intense!

    You can find my shelf candy here: http://www.thewindypages.com/2012/04/shelf-candy-saturday-23.html

    Happy Shelf Candy Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't wait to get to it myself, the cover really does beg you to read it!

      Thanks for stopping by, I'll head over to yours!

      Delete